So today, I started working on #16 on my list, running a 5K! Sneha is my 5K partner, maybe Corey will be joining us as well. Sneha and I ran at Heritage Park, in the forest paths, which is really quite lovely. We ran for thirty minutes, but we took about 3 breaks in between. The endorphins were really kicking in, but also I felt like shit. I think we ran about two miles. I felt really bad ass afterwards! It's amazing how great excercising can make you feel after. I felt ten feet tall. So my goal for the 5K? Do it in 30 minutes, which is not amazing, but for a first attempt will have to do. Maybe 28 minutes?
Anyway, there's a 5K on June 19. That's a bit sooner than I thought, but I feel like it's not that big of a deal, it's only 3.1 miles. If I can't go as fast as I would've liked, it's still a start. SO, goal! Run 3.1 miles, three days a week. I want to be able to say "I've run a 5K"!
Well, that's the plan. Soon, one of the things on my list will be checked off =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment